Are you interested in Woodworking? The chances are that you’ve tried your hand at it and realized that you need help! Woodworking is challenging, but it also works as a stress-buster, and believe me, the feeling of having completed a beautiful piece with your own hands – few things can compete with that level of satisfaction!
If you turn out to be great with woodworking and are equipped with the right tools and strategies, very soon you may find yourself making something more of it than a hobby, maybe even a business idea can develop for you!
The right plan is crucial, so your source is the first most important step in getting started with woodworking. You can find thousands of woodworking plans with a simple click, but it’s all really very overwhelming for someone who is new – where to begin, which one is correct, will they pan out well? There are just so many options out there but you just got LUCKY!! You are now at the right place, as we help you by giving a review that’s unbiased and tell you exactly how the product fares.
Here’s one such woodworking plan reviewed here – Ted’s Woodworking Plan; we have given you the full show of hands – what this plan will give you and what may have you confused.
What is Ted’s Woodworking
The website states: “Earth’s Largest Database of Woodworking Projects” and that is what exactly it is. You get access to 16,000 well-developed plans that have detailed and easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions, material requirements, et al.
Here is what the package consists of:
- 16,000 project plans, each with complete instructions, diagrams, cutting requirements & list of materials
- Free lifetime access to new plans every month
- A set of tutorials and customized training in woodworking
- Access to DWG & CAD File Viewer for you to check and edit your plans before you actually execute them
- A total of 150 woodworking videos that cover a variety of topics, all done by Ted himself, showing you what to do and how to do it
- An ebook on “How To Start A Woodworking Business” that teaches tips and tricks on how to earn money by selling your custom-made woodwork
- Complete Woodworking Guides – 200 pages of guidelines and detailed drawings
There is lifetime access to the member’s area with all plans, tutorials, videos and guides.
Categories of Woodworking Plans
Ted seems to have covered large ground, and his 16,000 plans mostly cover all kinds of woodwork. From things as simple as a shelf to building complete horse-barns – you can pretty much find what you are looking for here. To give you an idea, here are some of the categories covered:
- Computer Desks
- Bedside cabinets
- Baby cribs
- Home office furniture
- Kitchen projects
- Billiards table and the list goes on…
The creator of Ted’s Woodworking, Ted ‘Woody’ Mcgrath is a certified expert Woodworker, a Trainer, a published Author, and an esteemed member of AWI (Architectural Woodwork Institute). His instinct for woodwork stems from the time he spent with his father learning about the craft and the love for hand-made custom-made woodwork. He enthusiastically believes that his acquired knowledge is for sharing with those who share his passion.
The Plus Side
Suitable For Different Levels:
There is no doubt that many woodworkers can benefit from this package. Beginners will find these woodworking plans’ clear and concise nature gives them a solid foundation to build their first projects as they build their confidence to move on to more complex carpentry projects and increase their skill level. Advanced and professional woodworkers will appreciate the huge variety of different projects and the time-saving value of having a high-quality set of plans waiting for virtually any challenge.
Some highlights are:
- Well-structured detailed plans and clear illustrations!
- Lifetime access to member’s area!
- A DVD containing all plans is also is shipped to your physical address so you have access even without Internet facilities!
- It is a multi-computer online use for the member’s area and not restricted access to one computer only. You can access the program from anywhere.
- The sheer variety of plans – you have so much to choose from!
- Simplicity – The instructions are clear and basic, that people with no knowledge of woodworking can also easily understand. There’s no fancy use of industry terminology that, more often than not, leaves readers mystified and then miffed!
Caters to the whole spectrum – amateurs, professionals and everyone in between!!
- The ebook on starting a woodworking business is a great bonus – besides learning a new craft, it also outlines a means for you to monetize it.!
Very Useful Bonuses –
When you order Teds woodworking package, you will also receive these 3 bonuses:
- 1. Free drawing and CAD plan viewer
- 2. 150 premium woodworking videos
- 3. The Complete Woodworking Carpentry Guide
The Minus Side
Ted’s Woodworking has some negatives, and its member’s area definitely has some room for improvement. Here are some points of concern:
- Indexing is not done well. The plans are not alphabetically categorized, which makes it a tad difficult to navigate. A simple Ctrl+F command from your keyboard can help you find what you need.!
- The plans do not all follow the same structure and format. Consistency in presentation across plans is missing. However, to be fair, each plan is well-organized and detailed if seen as a single plan.!
- The sheer variety of plans – you have so much to choose from. Yes, this can be seen as a disadvantage too! After all, when there is too much on the table, you can often feel confused. Variety can get overwhelming. !
- A few videos aren’t that great on quality. The images are not always that crisp.!
Ted’s Woodworking is actually one of the most popular ones in this niche and has been around for a few years now. If a product has been on the market for a long time – it just points to the fact that the product is trusted and it works!
Ted’s Woodworking has received some negative feedback too, but it’s really how you want to use a product and how much effort you are willing to put into your work that really counts.
If you are looking at a detailed yet straightforward woodworking guide, Ted’s Woodworking merits serious consideration.
At $67, the pricing is affordable, and the variety is enormous – it’s value for money. The money-back-guarantee is an added advantage that you can always use if you are not satisfied with your purchase.